Tuesday Travel # 6: LimketKai Mall In CDO

I was still in College since I visited this mall; the scholar organization at the school I attended was having an annual field trip in Cagayan. It was free so it was compulsory for the scholars to join, we just have to carry personal money with us but in my case, I didn’t because we didn’t have money at that time.

So this was one of the spots we had roam around, that was so memorable because I only have 2 pesos in my pocket and I could still remember my co-scholars bought some personal stuff while I only bought an ice cream cone at that mall.

When we went to Cagayan de Oro the other week for my daughter’s competition, even though we don’t have much time at all, my friends insisted on visiting the mall. It was like a memory lane to me, I could still remember the park. I think that was in front of the mall where my co-scholars and I were standing by for a while because some of the scholars were still inside the mall.

Now the park was gone maybe they replaced it for parking area, I am not sure though but really Lim Ket Kai had improved a lot from the time we went there like 10 or more years ago.

Anyway, I still didn’t buy anything when we visited the mall recently because we were in a hurry to go back home.

9 Responses to “Tuesday Travel # 6: LimketKai Mall In CDO”

1. KM says:

a lot has changed in the Philippines since 10 years ago, and even the provinces have big malls now just like this Lim Ket Kai Mall :) by the way, your post above says Caravan de Oro instead of Cagayan ^^

visiting you back for TT!

2. Deli says:

I was wondering when Ket Kai opened because I remembered going to CDO in the early 90s and going there. I was still in college then, based in Cebu and came to CDO for a conference. Thanks for the visit to my Tuesday Travels’ entry :)

3. Lalaine J. says:

I think the ‘park’ you were referring to is now the ‘atrium’.. there used to be a skating rink there, then they transformed it to an amusement center.. and now the atrium where they hold concerts and events.

Hope you can visit my TT entry here
    From Asia and Beyond: Bangkok Trip

4. Adin B says:

Never been to this place before. Sorry about you only able to buy ice cream,but ice cream is good anyway. hehehe.. Bitaw mommy Anne B visiting you via BPC. I miss going to the malls in the PHilippines. :)

5. jheng says:

was here revisiting. never been to CDO yet but i have some friends who lives there. hope to visit there someday :D

6. Cookie says:

Hello! Thanks for featuring CDO, my homeplace :D A lot had happened for the past 10 years. I hope you get to enjoy the place the next time you visit limketkai.
    Late visiting from TT

Awwww! My beloved city man diay ni imong gi-feature Mommy Anne! I so miss this place na! I pretty much know everything about KetKai, pero na-surprised pud ko the last time I went home kay pagka-modern ug pagka-daku naman kaayo. Indeed, everything in Pinas has modernized na jud. This is my fave spot sa CDO nga pabugnawan. :D

Thanks for your TT share! Open na ang linky for this week; hope to see yours again! :)

Well it seems that these is such a great Tuesday travel you have. Suddenly missed to make out of it.