Pile Of Houses On The Hill

I can’t help but to be surprised when we went to Baguio City last summer, Baguio was only 2 hours away from Dagupan and since we were already there for Palaro, traveling for two hours to get to Baguio City is not a hassle at all. The moment we enter the vicinity of Baguio, I saw pile of houses on the hill! Look!

We actually went up there because the relatives of my co-parents were there; they invited us for dinner at their house. We rented their van so it was easy for us to get there but I thought when the car is park, in front would be their house already but I was wrong we have to walk down the hill like 5 meters from the car that my friend’s cousin parked. My sister had a hard time walking, it feels like something is pulling her down to the cliff, their house is beside a cliff and it even doesn’t have a barrier or a fence to avoid falling on a cliff if in case you would stumble and rolled down to the hill.

The closer look of the piled houses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... [ Tagged In ] ,

12 Responses to “Pile Of Houses On The Hill”

1. Oh dear! Mommy mura ug ako ang nahadlok sa ilaha… pastilan jud ning Pinas sa tan-awa ra gud ang mga balay nagpile jud tuod.. oh my! Beautiful on it’s own though. hehehe.. thanks for sharing!

2. Alex says:

Wow! thanks for sharing these images. It brings back memories of childhood in Baguio City. I lived there for 22 years until we migrated to Gensan and now I’m in Davao City with my wife. For me, Baguio will always be unique and not just because of its cool climate but everything in it – especially its mountainous terrain!

Baguio may have pile of houses but it can also be the cause of landslide in our place because trees are getting lesser.

4. This is really a scary scene. Every now and then landslide mat strike due to erosion. Instead of building houses on this hill, lets all plant trees to prevent landslides in the days to come.

5. papaleng says:

The view is so annoying, last time nag-punta kam iriyan, na-turn-off ako, Ang daming garbage.

6. Chie says:

Wow, look at all those houses! It looks scary but enchanting at the same time.

7. rocky says:

Looks cool to me. 🙂

8. imriz says:

cramped with houses. yes. that makes the city all the more prone to landslide. and there’s few available lots now as every hill or peaks have been built by houses.
    i hate the walking there, too. but, the cold and the pine scent makes it the reason why the city charms many visitors 🙂

9. Lainy says:

I have been there once and yeah, the houses are indeed piled up on mountainous terrains. I wonder how will they survive if ever there’s a landslide.

10. emzkie says:

aint that cool? hehe.. theres lots of this in Taiwan also. it amazes me. it sure is scary.

11. mao ng dapita Anne kadtong daghan nahugno nga balay adtong earthquake 1990… didto mi after the earthquake ug hadluk kaayo tan-awon ang ubang balay kay nagbitay pa tawon… 🙁

12. Edwin says:

Excellent and amazing post! Thanks for sharing with us.